Discord is a VOIP chat app which is designed to help video game players to find each other and talk while playing. It also helps fans to stay in touch with their favourite game players. It supports voice chat, text chat and video calls. Also, discord screen share feature is one of the available popular features.
This feature is helpful when we need to communicate with a group or team. It offers a lot of functionalities and features sometimes its quite hard for a newbie to find any function. Today’s topic is all about how to use discord screen share and video chat along with common problems user generally faces.
What is Discord Screen Share?
Discord is one of the best VOIP services as it has fast servers with great uptime and crystal clear voice quality. It not just used for chatting or talking while playing games, but also as a social and organizational tool.
The discord screen share feature lets a maximum of 10 users to interact with your screen on your Discord chat server. Added in Aug 2017 this feature was available to all user in Oct 2017.
You can also perform video calling at the same time along with screen share. Discord is available on almost every platform such as Windows, Mac, iPhone, Android and easily available in Web, PC Client and as a mobile app.
How to share screen on Discord?
To enable screen share and video call on discord, first of all, install the official application. Sign up or log in to the app and now we need to tweak a few settings.
Audio and Video settings on Discord client
- Look for the “Settings” icon at the bottom left corner of the screen and click it.
- Now, choose “Voice & Video” option at the left corner of the screen under “App Settings“.
- To test voice settings and to check whether the mic is working or not, click “Let’s Check” under “Mic Test“. You can also choose an input or output device under Voice Settings.
- To test video settings, scroll down the screen to “Video Settings“. Here you can choose the camera hardware from the drop-down menu and test whether the camera is working or not by clicking on the “Test Video” button.
Also Read: How to install Discord themes?
Adding Friends on Discord
You can perform video call and screen share either with users on discord server or on your friend list. You can invite people to your discord server using the referral link. Then go to their profile, click “Send Friend Request“. Once accepted, you can share screen and preform video or voice calls.
Video Call on Discord
To make a video call on discord, follow the steps below:
- At the homepage of discord app, click on Friends option at top left corner of the screen.
- Now from the list of Online friends, choose the username you want to call and click.
- At the next screen, choose “Video Call” icon at the top centre corner of the screen. It will initiate the video call to your friend.
Discord Video Call on Mobile
Video calling feature is available on discord mobile app. You can call up to 10 people from mobile to mobile or mobile to PC.
How to screen share on discord?
Once the video call initiated and connected at another end, you can share the screen with your friend. To screen share on discord, follow the steps below:
- At video call window, click the “Screen Share” icon at the left side of the video call icon.
- At the next screen, you will find two options to share the “Entire Screen” or “Application Window”. Choose as per your choice.
- Free users can share the screen in only 480p or 720p quality. 1080p quality is only available for premium nitro users.
- Now click “Share” and the user at another side of video call can see your screen, now.
Discord screen share on mobile
Unfortunately, discord does not offer the functionality of screen share in mobile. But PC users can share their screen with mobile users. Also, there are other features same as WhatsApp. Some of them are:
- Like WhatsApp, the user can switch the camera to on or off while calling. Also can flip the camera front and back.
- Mute toggle option allows to mute or unmute phone’s mic, whenever the user wants.
Also Read: How to Delete a Discord Server?
Discord screen share not working
If you have followed the above tutorial and still screen share not working, then check the steps below to troubleshoot.
- At discord home screen, click the Settings icon then click Voice & Video option below App Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom to Video Settings, check camera hardware and click Test Video.
- If video is working fine, then proceed to the next step else check the video drivers or other camera settings.
- Check your internet connection. Sometimes slow or not working internet connection might be faulty.
- Check if your antivirus is blocking data or camera access to discord client. If everything fine, move to the next step.
- Restart your discord client/PC, then try to share the screen at the low quality of 480p and low frame rate of 15FPS.
- If still not working, try reinstalling discord client or troubleshooting your PC camera settings.
Discord screen share no audio
The bug of discord screen share no audio working while streaming is often faced by a lot of users. There may be different reasons behind this issue but here we are going to discuss a few solutions.
- First of all, go to Settings -> Voice & Video and under Mic Test check whether the mic is working or not.
- If the mic is not working, check your PC’s Mic settings and update audio drivers.
- If the mic is working, then please confirm the Sound option is toggled to ON while starting screen sharing.
Discord screen share black screen
Most of the users often encounter this issue, due to which, they are unable to use share screen and face other issues like “total black screen”. Following the steps below to overcome this issue.
- First, try to restart the PC and Discord client app. Then initiate the Screen Share.
- Check whether you are using the latest version of the application or not. If not, then update it to the latest version.
- Clear Discord Roaming data. Close the discord app completely. On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type %appdata%. Then, press the Enter key. Right-click Discord folder, then choose Delete. Now restart the application again.
- If the last option isn’t working, then try to update the GPU driver to its latest version.
- Try to disable antivirus, if problem still there and try again.
- If the problem still persists then try to reinstall the application.
Hopefully, this will resolve the problem of discord screen share black screen.
Discord is an excellent and next-generation VOIP application which has changed the way of chatting and is really a boon to the gaming community. Discord support team always try to keep it free from bug and adding new features regularly. If you found this post helpful then please share it with your friends who are also facing the same issue. and If still, you are facing any of the above issues then please feel free to write your issue in the comment box below.