The answer to the question “How to Change WiFi Password from iPhone” may involve a variety of methods. For example, you can do it on your iPhone or use additional devices such as desktop to change your iPhone password. Here, we will list simple steps to carry out the whole process without any hassle.
How Do I Change the Password on my WiFi using iPhone?
To change the password of your Wifi, you can directly login to the router using router IP address or app and can change the password there. If you recently changed your WiFi password and iPhone is not asking you to enter the new password and failing every time to connect, then follow the procedure below:
- Go to Settings
- Press Wi-Fi, here you’ll see all the Wi-Fi connections that are currently available for you.
- Press the small blue icon situated on the right side of the network you wish to reset.
- Tap on “Forget this Network“. Now, the password that you entered previously will be deleted from your phone memory and the connection will be turned off.
- Now, you will need to manually choose the network from current networks. This will trigger an authentication dialogue.
- Simply add the new password manually for the selected network.
- Once the connection has been successfully made with the new password, it’ll swap the old one and you’ll be able to connect with the new password easily.
Use the above steps every time you want to change the WiFi password on your iPhone.
How to Connect iPhone to WiFi Using WPS?
Unfortunately, the iPhone doesn’t support connecting to WiFi using WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup). You need to manually enter the password for the WiFi network you wish to connect. WPS is insecure and Apple doesn’t want to compromise with iPhone security. The only way to connect to the private WiFi network on your iPhone device is to enter the passkey.
How Do I Find the Password for my WiFi on my iPhone through router settings?
- Go to “Settings“, then go to “Wi-Fi” to locate the network names.
- Select (i) icon beside the one you would like to get your password for.
- Below ‘IPV4 ADDRESS‘, get the IP address of the router.
- Open the Safari browser, enter the IP address in the address bar and hit ‘Go‘. You will now see the login panel.
- Log in with your default username & password. In most of the cases, the default username and password is ‘admin’ or ‘administrator’.
- If you forgot the username and password, you can reset it by pressing reset button/switch on your wifi router.
If it doesn’t function, Google the model name of your router to locate the password.