Discord is an excellent app for gamers which let them communicate with other people over VoIP. It’s an easy and free tool helping gaming communities and companies by letting them keep in touch with their audience. In this tutorial, we are going to cover how to delete a discord server along with how to add or manage the server.
How To Add a Server In Discord?
To add a server in discord, first of all, we need to have an account on discord along with their web client or pc client.
- First of all, head over to the Discord site and choose a login option.
- On the next page, select register.
- Enter your email address, username and password and click continue button.
- Now verify your email address by logging to your email and click the verify link inside received mail.
- Once verified. Login to your discord web app account or download the app respective to your device OS (Windows, Mac, Linux).
- Click (+) icon at left top corner to add a new discord server.
- Select create a server in next window
- Enter the server name of your choice and choose a region.
- Click create button and your server will appear back in the Discord app.
- Now you can invite people or your friends on your discord or share your discord link to multiple social networking sites.
How To Manage Your Discord Server?
Discord client let you manage your discord account easily and with less pain.
- Select from the dropdown arrow on your server name. Choose server settings.
- On the next overview category, you can choose an avatar for your server.
- Move to the next Moderation Category. Here you can set restrictions for your audience and criteria like email verification required, phone verification and time spent on discord etc.
- The roles category let you assign different roles to the members, your audience and also permissions to the assigned members. You can assign different roles like member ban, change nickname, kick members, manage channels etc.
- The next Integrations category let you connect your partnered twitch or youtube channel to sync your subscribers.
- Emoji category allows you to upload 50 custom emoji of your choice that anyone can use on your server.
- You can create invite link to invite your friend or follower to join your discord server using invite link. If the invited person doesn’t have a Discord account, then he/she will be prompted to create a new one and will then be able to join your server.
How To Delete Discord Server?
If you no longer need your discord server, then you can delete it whenever you want. If you are managing multiple servers then removing an unused or unwanted server may help you to manage your servers easily and time-saving. Here are the steps below how to delete discord server.
- Log in your discord client.
- Select the server name at the top left corner of the client or web app.
- Click server settings following the drop-down menu of your server name.
- Scroll down to the bottom.
- Click delete server at the bottom left corner of client or web app.
- Now it’ll prompt you to enter the server name to prevent any automatic deletion. Enter the server name and click delete server.
- Your Discord server will now disappear from your server list and both you and your server users will no longer be able to access it.
That’s all about how to add, manage or delete your discord server. Discord app offers an interactive and easy to use app which is easy to use even for a newbie and let you control your server and account easily. If ther’s any question or suggestion, feel free to write in the comment box below.