If you’re asking “Can I play WMV files on iPhone?“, we would like to inform you that it is very much possible to play this file on your iPhone device. In this post, we will show you exactly how you can play Windows Media Video file on your iPhone.
Understanding the .wmv File Format:
WMV, also known as Windows Media Video is one of the most common file formats that is used to stream online video, slideshow presentation & screencasting. WMV is also a default codec that’s used to create business videos like recording sessions that involve screen sharing and converting a regular presentation file into the video. Even though Apple does not offer support to .wmv video files, it’s very much possible to get through these restrictions by setting 3rd party apps from the Apple Store.
What App Can Open .wmv File?
- Open the “App Store”, and do a search for “PlayerXtreme“.
- Pick the free version of the “PlayerXtreme” app from the list as it can do the job easily.
- Install the app on your iPhone.
- Next, open the Mail application in case you got your WMV file within an email.
- Locate the .wmv file that you want to open.
- Tap on “Open in“, then pick “PlayerXtreme” for opening the given file.
By following the above steps, it’s quite easy to play WMV on iPhone.
Alternative Solution: How Do I Play a .wmv File?
Wondershare Video Converter is an easy to use software that can convert any .wmv file format into the one supported by your iPhone such as MP4 or M4V file.
Besides, Wondershare can convert files into several other formats as well. Simply follow the below steps to convert any WMV file into the iPhone supported M4V file.
- Download the Wondershare Video Converter from the official site.
- Add the WMV file that you would like to open on your iPhone
- Pick your desired output format such as MP4 or M4V.
- Click on convert.
- Once the file is ready, play it as you normally do on your iPhone.
Feel free to use any of the methods given in this post to play a .wmv file on your Apple device.