The camera application of your iPhone comes with an in-built flash feature that allows you to capture an image in low-light conditions. However, some may not like the outcomes captured out of it. This is the main reason why people may ask “How do I turn off the flash on my camera?” while using the iPhone.
How to Turn Off-Camera Flash on iPhone 6?
- To begin with, launch the camera application of your iPhone.
- Click on the Flash symbol (It appears similar to the lightning bolt). You can find it at the top left corner of your display.
- Now, you will see 3 choices as given below:
Auto: Use this feature if you want to put the camera in auto mode. The iPhone will turn on the flash during low-light conditions whenever it thinks it may be required to capture a better photo.
On: This option forces the camera flash to activate each time you capture an image.
Off: Use this option to turn off the flash completely. This won’t fire the flash, irrespective of the lighting situation.
You may need to experiment slightly to understand which setting works perfect for your needs, however, typically you must set the flash to Off or Auto mode, and only trigger it when you have no other means to add adequate ambient light & capture a decent picture.
Does iPhone Have Front Camera Flash?
As mentioned previously, the iPhone comes with an in-built flash feature to capture better images during low light. iPhone 6S or above comes with inbuilt front-facing camera flashlight. So, you can easily find the flash on the front-facing camera on your iPhone.
How Do I Turn Off the Flash on My iPhone When I Take a Video?
- Launch your Camera application.
- Swipe towards right on your camera setting.
- Tap on Video.
- Click on Flash Symbol present at the top-left side of your display panel.
- Switch it off.
Now, you’re ready to record any video as you regularly do without flash.